1. After volunteering for the NHS Blood and Transplant convalescent plasma donation, you will be sent an email inviting you to register. When you click on the link you will be taken to this page to register with Medichecks for the next steps.
2. You will then be asked to set up an account with Medichecks (or sign in if you already have one). When you have done this we will automatically process your Convalescent Plasma Donor Eligibility Test, and you will receive an email confirmation of this.
3. Your sample collection kit will arrive in the post within a couple of days and will contain everything you need to collect your sample and enable you to post it to the laboratory. Please make sure you post your sample on the same day as you take your test.
4. Once you have collected your sample and sent it back to us, you will get an email letting you know we have received it. Most people will receive their results within 2-3 working days of their sample arriving at the laboratory.
5. We will send you a further email to let you know that your results are ready so that you can log into your account at my.medichecks.com to view these. As part of your results, we’ll let you know if you are a suitable candidate to donate convalescent plasma for use in COVID–19 treatment trials and advise on the next steps in the process.
The Customer Care team is here for you, should you need any help along the way.
They are available from 8am-6pm Monday to Friday, and from 9am-5pm Saturday and Sunday.